Monday, April 5, 2010

Barcelona, Spain

10:55 a.m.

My weekend was spent in Barcelona, Spain. Excellent choice! There was so much to take in because the city is full of modernist art and gorgeous architecture. The only problem was, I only spoke about three words of Spanish (Gracias-Thank You, Por Favor-Please, and Losciento-Sorry), but I suppose those are the only words you REALLY need to get by. I drank a lot of Sangria while we were there. Also, I got some sun! Really, it was more of a sun-burn than a tan, but I'll take what I can get.

I was with two other guys the majority of the time, Ricky and Tomasz. We saw a lot of architecture by the famous "Gaudi" which was amazing because it is so different than anything I have ever seen. Casa Mila, Casa Ballto, Park Guell, and Sagrada Familia were the big things we saw. Also, we went to the Port of Barcelona and hiked up to a castle/fortress that protected the city from invaders on the Mediterranean. I took a little nap on the beach, and then, we walked around the city discovering Park de Ciutadella and the Arc de Triomf of Spain.

The main difference between Barcelona and France that I found, was the colors. There were colorful mosaics and curvy, crazy monuments everywhere. Even the street lamps were artistic. I can't wait to go back to Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment