Saturday, March 27, 2010

Geneva, Switzerland

10:17 p.m.

Yesterday, I was in the Swiss Alps instead of the French Alps! I went with my AIFS group to Geneva. We left early in the morning, and we visited the United Nations building first. It was really interesting. Then we visited the Red Cross Museum. Not my favorite thing in the world, but nice to learn a little history, I suppose. Then, we went to the center of Geneva. The "old" Geneva. It was a very clean and cute city, but expensive. I have NEVER seen so many porshes, BMWs, and Mercedes just cruising around! I bought some Swiss chocolate, because I was told it was absolutely necessary. After I bought it, I understood why! :) DELICIOUS! Jenn and I ventured out on our own and visited St. Peter's Cathedral and got an amazing view of the city from one of the towers. Then we strolled down a few narrow streets until we were walking along the lake. We got some great pictures of "le Jet-d'eau" which is a huge jet of water that sprays up from the lake. Apparently, it is a huge civil engineering feat. Pretty cool to look at! All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment