Thursday, March 4, 2010

8:29 p.m. (March 3, 2010)

I have occasional spouts of homesickness. I was listening to my IPOD on shuffle tonight and Garth Brooks started playing. I almost started crying! It was the strangest thing. I suppose it reminded me of the summer and singing at the top of my lungs with friends from Nebraska. It is the really little reminders of home that get to me. I could look at pictures of people, talk on the phone, or write in my journal about my memories of home, but when a strong memory is triggered by a smell or a song, it really gets to me.

The weather is rainy and wet. I hate it; it makes me tired and depresses me. I hope it is sunny again like it was for the past three days. Maybe, I was just too spoiled. I was walking around in short-sleeved dress yesterday, and I was almost too warm. Although, I suppose in March, there is no such thing as “too warm.”

I taught my French students today. It was really fun, because I brought my computer and played a few songs, and they knew them. America has a HUGE influence on other countries. They knew who Lady Gaga, Flo Rida, and Ke$ha were.

It is amazing how much one can get done without the internet. Tonight, I was without internet, and Annie was without a phone line or cable. I thought it would take me forever to do my French homework because I didn’t have my hand-dandy translator. I used a dictionary (like I am supposed to), and I learned more and finished much faster than if I would have done it online. I blame Facebook! In any case, tomorrow is my last day of class for the week. WOOT WOOT! I’m going “out” tomorrow night and on Saturday, I am planning on going skiing. Bring on the snow! (You will never again catch me saying that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment