Wednesday, January 27, 2010

6:56 p.m.

Hello, all! I am just waiting for Annie to finish cooking supper. She is a wonderful cook…I feel myself gaining weight already! I just finished planning a trip to Lyon, France for eleven other people and myself from AIFS. We are going on Saturday and going to see the sights and go shopping. Right now, there are HUGE sales in France (up to 70% off some things).

Today, I had class at 8:30 to 10:30. It was so interesting because I found out there is a boy in my class named Andrew. The crazy coincidence of meeting Andrew is that he is from Nebraska. On top of that, he knows people from Norfolk that I know. What a small world! I couldn’t believe it!

I have been extremely tired and cold lately. Maybe the two go hand-in-hand. The weather here has gotten progressively colder every day this week. It isn’t the same kind of cold as Nebraska or South Dakota, though. It isn’t as bad as in the US. I guess I was just spoiled with the nice weather the first week, and now, I am expecting it all the time.

Funny story: Annie was asking about my family and I went down the list of everyone who was important to me. When I got to Vern, she asked what he did. When I explained that he was a manager of a factory that made cheese, she was instantly excited. (The French LOVE their cheese!) She began asking about what kinds of cheese they made, and I told her the only two I knew; cheddar and Colby jack. She went on a rant about how she LOVED cheddar and how hard it is to get in France. She told me I had to send some of the cheese Vern’s plant made as soon as I get back to the states. Don’t know how that will be possible…but the fact that Annie was so excited over cheddar cheese amused me. Especially, since the French have much better cheeses than cheddar!

2 comments:

  1. The plant has about 6 varieties. There colby/jack is 4th in the states. I think we would be as anxious to try there cheeses also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun, but not too much!lol

    ReplyDelete