Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank God it's Friday! This week, classes were really tough and I think I have had a little bit of a culture shock. I had a minor break-down this morning, but I ran to Miranda's office and explained my dilemma. The problem I had was my teacher for my language classes was extremely difficult to understand. One minute, she would be explaining something, then, she would jump to something else. I felt like I couldn't understand a word she was saying, so I had to tune her out in order to not start crying right in the middle of class. It was AWFUL! Then, after I had spoken with Miranda about it...actually sobbed to her about it...she totally understood. She explained her concern with me being with that teacher even before I had started class. Miranda's thoughts about that teacher were that the teacher was much better at teacher upper level French classes. Apparently, she is a few French fries short of a happy meal. I love Miranda! She did her magic and had me moved out of that teacher's class to a class with a more structured teacher. That takes a huge load off my shoulders!

After that little cry session, I came home and slept for a couple hours and then met up with Jenn and Eva for a beer. It was a relief to just hang out with some girls who spoke English! I never realized how much I really love talking in English. I didn’t know how much my brain could hurt because French! I’m sure it will get easier…well I hope so anyway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment